This tutorial for Joomla SEO – Settings to optimize onpage factors what is very basic settings for anyone can do and must do to make your site more popular.
Now login to admin panel and do these steps
1. Search Engine Friendly URLs in Joomla
In the Global Configuration settings of Joomla 3.0 is a set of SEO Settings that you can adjust. SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization, and configuring these parameters will allow you to change various settings about your site that some search engines may look at when crawling your site.
- In the left menu under the SYSTEM heading, click Global Configuration
- There are several tabs at the top: Site, System, Server, Permissions, Text Filters. Ensure you are on the Site tab by clicking on it.
- On the right side of the page under the SEO Settings heading, find the Search Engine Friendly URLs setting. Select either Yes / No to adjust the value.
- In the top left menu, click Save to save these changes.
2. Remove index.php from URLs in Joomla
In our testing, we noticed that when the Use URL rewriting option was enabled, index.php was removed from our URLs. In this tutorial we’ll show you how to use this Use URL rewriting tool in Joomla 3.0.
- In the left menu, click on the Global Configuration link under the SYSTEM heading
- There are several tabs at the top of the page. If you are not on the Site tab, click Site.
- On the right side of the page, find the Use URL rewriting option (see the screenshot at the top of the article).
- Adjust the setting to Yes / No, and then click Save in the top left menu.
3. Add the .html suffix to the end of URLs in Joomla
- In the left menu, find and click Global Configuration. This link is located under the SYSTEM heading.
- Ensure you are on the Site tab by clicking Site (this is the tab that loads by default)
- On the right side of the page, locate the Adds Suffix to URL setting (which is highlighted in the screenshot above). Click Yes / No to toggle the setting, and then click Save in the top left menu.
You can see in the table below how the Adds Suffix to URL setting changes our URLs: