Hide the article author in joomla sound like a very simple task but many customers send request to us about this so that why we do this post to help they do the task easier and save time.
By default, the author of an article will be shown on the page in Joomla 3.0. You can disable this feature in Joomla 3.0 by toggling the Show Author setting. Joomla 3.0 gives the following description for this setting:
If set to Show, the Name of the article’s Author will be displayed. This is a global setting but can be changed at the Category, Menu and Article levels.
To toggle the Show Author setting in Joomla 3.0
- Log into your Joomla 3.0 Administrative Dashboard
- In the top menu, click Content and then click Article Manager
- In the list of articles on the page, click the title of the article that you would like to adjust the Show Author setting for
- In the tabs above the article, click the Article Options tab
- Find the setting labeled Show Author. Next to it, choose either Use Global, Hide, or Show. Then, click the Save button in the top left of the page.