If you are using joomla and you feel it is not good enough for you, or it ‘s too slow in compare to other joomla sites in the same business. In this case, our article about “5 tips to make joomla faster 10x” will help you solve your problem pretty easy.
In our case, we consider you are using joomla 3.x then you can check if your joomla site is fast or not by these services:
- Google Pagespeed Insights (including mobile performance) http://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/
- Yslow (browser extension for Firefox and Chrome) http://yslow.org/
- Pingdom Tools http://tools.pingdom.com/fpt/
- GT-Metrix (showing results from both Pagespeed and Yslow) http://gtmetrix.com/
After check your site you will see your score, then let ‘s do these 5 tips to make it faster
1. Fast Joomla Hosting
The best joomla hosting is the most important to make your joomla site fast or not. Even though you do a very good joomla conguration and optimization but your server/hosting doesn’t support well for joomla then it doesn’t make sense to make it fast. You can check our list about Fast Joomla Hosting to make sure you choose the right one.
The fast joomla hosting will make you have the fast server responsive time, it will make everything include server side and static files load to client web browser fast as possible.
2. Turn on and configure joomla cache to make joomla fast
Joomla cache system will help you cache these dynamic content
- Component views
- Module views
- Page views
Now access the Global Configuration and turn on caching
Page views are only cached if you switch on the System – Cache plugin in the Plugin Manager:
3. G-Zip ON
In Global Configuration, on the Server tab, you will find the setting to turn on G-zip:
4. Remove unneeded joomla extensions
These are some joomla extensions what you may not need so that you can consider to remove them to make the site faster.
- Large sliders and image shows. All images in the slideshow need to be loaded for the slider to function, which may take long with full-width images.
- Also scripts like Googla Analytics, Google Webfonts, etc. can slow you down more then you would expect…
5. Optimise the browser cache by .htaccess
Almost browser cache method want to make sure the static files load to browser in the fastest way and cache on it in the best time frame. The .htaccess code is the best way to do that on server side to tell browser about that. This is sample code you can use for that
ExpiresDefault "access plus 1 seconds"
ExpiresByType text/html "access plus 600 seconds"
ExpiresByType text/css "access plus 604800 seconds"
ExpiresByType application/xhtml+xml "access plus 600 seconds"
ExpiresByType image/jpeg "access plus 2592000 seconds"
ExpiresByType image/png "access plus 2592000 seconds"
ExpiresByType etc, etc.
And maybe more tips to make joomla fast, welcome your comment.